As a research scientist for the institute, Dr. Rosario Sanchez Flores is working on the Transboundary Aquifer Assessment Act Program to integrate research and data on transboundary aquifers between Mexico and Texas. She has 15 years of academic and work experience on transboundary issues between Mexico and the United States and has been working and publishing on transboundary water issues at international and binational level since 2006.
Ph.D – Water Management and Hydrological Sciences (2009), Texas A&M University
M.S. – Diplomatic Affairs (2001), Matias Romero Institute
B.S. – International Relations (1998), Monterrey Tech
- Research Scientist, Texas Water Resources Institute, 2016-present
- Associate Graduate Faculty Member, Texas A&M University, 2015-present
- Program Coordinator, Water Management and Hydrological Science Program, Texas A&M University, 2012-2016
- Advisor on Water, Labor and Foreign Affairs Issues, Federal Congress of Mexico, Congressman Tereso Medina, 2009-2011
- Post-doctoral Research, Texas A&M University, Water Management and Hydrologic Science Program, 2009-2010
- Research Assistant, Liaison Coordinator, Texas A&M University, Water Management and Hydrologic Science Program, 2006-2009
- Executive Director, Coahuila State Government, Secretary of State Office, 2004-2006
- Political Affairs Office and Technical Secretary Foreign and Border Affairs Advisor, Coahuila State Government, 2002-2006
- Director, The Consulate General of Mexico in Denver, Colorado, Protection Office, Jan-Dec 2003
- General Coordinator, The Consulate of Mexico in Yuma, Arizona, Protection Office, 2001-2002
Sanchez R, Lopez V, Eckstein, G (2016) “Identifying and Characterizing Transboundary Aquifers Along the Mexico-US Border: An initial assessment’. Journal of Hydrology. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.01.070).
Khedun CP, Sanchez R, Rughoonundun H. Kaiser R.A (2014). World Water Supply and Use: Challenges for the Future, Chapter 83. Encyclopedia of Agriculture and Food Systems (AGRI). Elservier.
Sanchez R. & Kaiser, RA. (2011). Multilateral Cooperation: Water as a Tool Not as a Goal. Journal of the International Relations and Affairs Group (JIRAG), 1(1), 75-91.
Sanchez R, Kaiser RA, Giardino JR (2010), Water Planning under a non-sustainable condition: Challenges for the Laguna region, Mexico. Paper to be presented at the ASCE-EWRI Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, May 2010. American Society of Civil Engineers.
Khedun CP, Sanchez R, Giardino RJ (2009), Climate Change and Transboundary Water Resources, Water Resources IMPACT, Vol 11, No 2.