10 simple ways to celebrate Earth Day in TexasBy Leslie Lee
Tomorrow, April 22, is Earth Day, and if it snuck up on you this year, we’ve got you covered. Pick from these ten simple ways to commemorate Earth Day, and learn how you can help conserve land, water and wildlife in Texas.
- Take the 40 Gallon Challenge, pledge to conserve water and take action to change your water habits.
- Attend the Texas Water Journal forum April 22 in Austin and hear from water experts.
- Use this Water Conservation Checklist for the Home, provided by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
- Subscribe to txH2O magazine to stay up-to-date on Texas water research and news.
- Visit the Trinity Waters Landowner Library and learn how to manage your land for water and wildlife conservation.
- Read about AgriLife Extension’s Reversing the Quail Decline Initiative and how you can help conserve quail habitat.
- Schedule a tour of the WaterSense-labeled home at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center in Dallas.
- Visit Texas Land Trends and learn how land fragmentation is affecting the state.
- Learn about the impact of your daily water footprint.
- Follow these seven tips for saving water in your home.