Early registration for TWDB’s Water for Texas 2017 ends Nov. 18
Early registration is open for Water for Texas 2017, set for Jan. 23-25, 2017, in Austin. The two-day conference is hosted by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) and will focus on water issues and solutions that affect all Texans.
Registration fees are:
- Early registration (through Nov. 18, 2016): $425
- Advance registration (Nov. 19, 2016-Jan. 17, 2017): $475
- Student registration (online through Jan. 17): $200
- Onsite registration: $525
- One-day registration: $275
- Student one-day registration: $100
Attendees will hear from prominent speakers, including Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar, International Space Station Commander Dr. Leroy Chiao, and Roy Spence, co-founder and chairman of the creative agency GSD&M.
A panel discussion, moderated by Evan Smith, CEO and co-founder of the Texas Tribune, will provide an exclusive look ahead at policy issues for the 85th Legislative Session. Panelists will include Sen. Charles Perry, Rep. Lyle Larson, and Rep. Eddie Lucio III.
Dr. Andrew Sansom, executive director of the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University, will moderate a panel featuring several water industry experts who will discuss changing behaviors to improve water conservation.
Other panel discussions, technical workshops, demonstrations and exhibits will be offered throughout the conference on topics such as:
- Enhanced flood protection planning and response
- Project implementation through affordable financial assistance programs
- Groundwater 101: understanding the water beneath your feet
- Integration of water loss, use and conservation data reporting
Visit Water for Texas to view the preliminary conference agenda, speakers and breakout sessions.