- Wagner leaves TWRI to become director of Oklahoma water center
Dr. Kevin Wagner, former deputy director of engagement for the Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI), became director of the Oklahoma Water Resources Center at Oklahoma State University (OSU) in Stillwater on July 31.
- New USGS report: Ogallala pumping slowed in 2013-2015, long-term aquifer decline continues
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) has released a new report detailing changes of groundwater levels in the Ogallala, or High Plains, Aquifer. The report presents water-level change data in the aquifer for two separate periods: from 1950 (which was prior to significant groundwater irrigation development) to 2015, and from 2013 to 2015.
- Military veteran-oriented farm tour, workshop slated for Aug. 4-5 in Dallas
The Texas AgrAbility program of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will present a back-to-back farm tour and workshop Aug. 4-5 in Dallas.
- UT Austin research: Nanoparticles and magnets offer efficient method of removing oil from water
When oil mixes with or enters into water, conventional methods of cleaning the water and removing the oil can be challenging, expensive and environmentally risky. But researchers in the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) believe they may have developed a better method.
- Water well owner trainings, screenings set for August
The Texas Well Owner Network is having several private water well screenings in August as well a training program for those interested in private water well management, Aug. 23 in Conroe.