- Playas: Refilling the Ogallala Aquifer?
Playas are capable of providing up to 95 percent of an aquifer's recharge. The goal of the Texas Playa Conservation Initiative is to restore playas and increase awareness among the public of the important role playas play in their daily lives. Do you have a playa on your land?
- International scientists to speak on cross-border water issues, March 25-27 in Fort Worth, College Station
The Texas Water Resources Institute, Texas A&M University School of Law and Texas A&M University Water Management and Hydrological Science program are hosting the 6th annual Water Seminar Series, March 25-27.
- Deadline for USGS 104G Water Resources National Competitive Grant pre-proposals Feb. 15
The deadline for the pre-proposals for the FY 2019 National Competitive Grant Program by the U.S. Geological Survey in cooperation with the National Institutes for Water Resources is due by Feb. 15.
- Feb. 19 program to focus on managing drought in the middle Rio Grande Basin
The program is free and will be from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center in El Paso, 1380 A&M Circle.
- txH2O highlight: Breaking Barriers
This month’s txH2O highlight focuses on the successful restoration of a Texas wetland project. The saltwater marsh known as Magic Ridge Marsh had blocked tidal flow. Over the years, blocked channels and stagnant, salty waters caused the marsh to degrade.
- Institute to hold water quality meeting in Rogers
The Texas Water Resources Institute is hosting a meeting Feb. 19 in Rogers for anyone interested in joining a partnership to improve and protect water quality in the Big Elm Creek watershed.
- Water well owner training set for Feb. 22 in Marlin
A Texas Well Owner Network training has been scheduled for 1-5 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Falls County Courthouse, 125 Bridge St., County Court Room 110 in Marlin.
- Riparian, stream ecosystem workshop set for March 6 in Bandera
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host a free Texas Riparian and Stream Ecosystem Education Program workshop from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. March 6 in Bandera for area residents interested in land and water stewardship in Bandera County.
- AgriLife Research joins partnership to promote food, water security and international development
Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Australia’s Department of Agriculture and Water Resources have entered into a cooperative research initiative to promote food, water security and international development.
- Texas Water Journal publishes first article and commentary of Volume 10, Number 1
The Texas Water Journal published the first papers for the Volume 10, Number 1, 2019 issue: an article titled “A Refined Hydrogeologic Framework Model for Gaines, Terry, and Yoakum Counties, Texas” by Jonathan V. Thomas, Andrew P. Teeple, Jason D. Payne, and Scott J. Ikard, and a commentary titled "Water Fuels our Future" by Charles Perry, Senator, Texas Senate; Chairman, Senate Committee on Water and Rural Affairs.