- TWRI’s Year in Review: 2018
For the Texas Water Resources Institute, 2018 marked another successful year of addressing Texas water resource issues.
- A look back: txH2O Highlights
Conservation Matters is beginning a new series highlighting previous articles from TWRI's biannual magazine, txH2O.
- Tracy named ISTPP Fellow in Bush School
Dr. John Tracy, Texas Water Resources Institute’s director, was recently selected as a fellow for the Institute for Science, Technology and Public Policy.
- TWRI announces USGS 104G Water Resources National Competitive Grant
The Texas Water Resources Institute announces the release of the draft Request for Pre-Proposals for the FY 2019 National Competitive Grant Program by the U.S. Geological Survey in cooperation with the National Institutes for Water Resources.
- Screening of private water wells helps ensure water quality, human health after flooding
Results from Texas well water screenings in areas affected by flooding over the past few years show the importance of those screenings in helping ensure water quality and human health, said Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service personnel supporting the agency’s Texas Well Owner Network.
- Texas Water Resources Institute to host watershed roundtable Jan. 31 in Waco
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host a Texas watershed coordinator roundtable Jan. 31 in Waco for water and natural resource professionals.
- Harvey flooding continues to inspire disaster planning
Almost a year and a half after Hurricane Harvey and its torrential rains wreaked havoc on parts of Texas, the infamous hurricane and its ramifications are still in the news.
- TWJ publishes paper on surface water-groundwater interaction issues in Texas
The Texas Water Journal published the final paper for its Volume 9, Number 1, 2018 titled “Surface water-groundwater interaction issues in Texas” by Dr. Steven C. Young, Dr. Robert E. Mace and Carlos Rubinstein.