TWRI awards Mills Scholarships to graduate students
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) recently awarded Mills Scholarships to 17 Texas A&M University graduate students for the 2007-08 academic year to pursue water-related research.
TWRI’s Mills Scholars Program, an endowed fund that supports research in water conservation and management, provided the $1,500 scholarships to the students to use for education-related expenses. TWRI uses the Mills Scholars program to encourage and assist current and prospective graduate students to incorporate water resources studies into their graduate programs at Texas A&M University.
Students receiving the scholarships include:
- Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering: Rene Davina Elms
- Department of Agricultural Economics: Callie Rogers and Justin Baker
- Department of Soil and Crop Sciences: James Applewhite, Stephen Caster, Suzika Pagan-Riestra and Tim Pannkuk
- Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering: Debabrata Sahoo and Deepti
- Department of Biology: Kranthi K. Mandadi
- Department of Ecosystems Science and Management: De’Etra Jenra Young
- Department of Geography: Lei Meng
- Department of Geology and Geophysics: Omar Richard Harvey
- Department of Rangeland Ecology and Management: Roberto A. Bazan, Jr.
- Spatial Sciences Laboratory: Sivarajah Mylevaganam
- Water Degree Program: Richard E. Rapier
- Zachry Department of Civil Engineering: Dong Suk Han
Mills Cox, a former chairman of the Texas Water Development Board, endowed the Mills Scholarships.