TWRI awards Mills Scholarships to graduate students
Contacts: Cecilia Wagner, 979.458.1138, firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLEGE STATION--Texas A&M AgriLife's Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) recently awarded Mills Scholarships to 13 Texas A&M University graduate students for the 2008-09 academic year to pursue water-related research.
TWRI's Mills Scholars Program, an endowed fund that supports research in water conservation and management, provided the $1,500 scholarships to the students to use for education-related expenses. TWRI uses the Mills Scholars program to encourage and assist current and prospective graduate students to incorporate water resources studies into their graduate programs at Texas A&M University.
Students receiving the scholarships are:
- Andrew Leidner, Department of Agricultural Economics
- Israel Parker, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
- Dipankar Dwivedi, Reema Padia, Bailey Sullivan and Sean Tolle, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Cara Harclerode, Leon Holgate and Yujin Wen, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
- Bhavana Viswanathan, Department of Horticultural Sciences
- Sanghyun Kim and Chihun Lee, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
- Chan Yong Sung, Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
Mills Cox, a former chairman of the Texas Water Development Board, funded the W.G. Mills Endowment, which provides the scholarships.