Graduate students receive water research scholarships
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) recently funded Mills Scholarships to 10 Texas A&M University graduate students for the 2009-10 academic year to pursue water-related research.
TWRI’s Mills Scholars Program, an endowed fund that supports research in water conservation and management, provided the $1,500 scholarships to the students to use for education-related expenses. TWRI uses the Mills Scholars program to encourage and assist current and prospective Texas A&M University graduate students addressing priority water resources issues facing Texas.
Students receiving the scholarships are:
- Hannah Childress and Di Long, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Bhavna Arora, Water Management and Hydrologic Science
- Takele Dinka and Leonardo Rivera, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
- Chandana Damodaram, Celso Moller Ferreira, Marcio Hofheinz Giacomoni and Sanjay Tewari, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
- Yixiao Liu, Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
Mills Cox, a former chairman of the Texas Water Development Board, funded the W.G. Mills Endowment, which provides the scholarships.