TAMMI Conference to be held in Round Rock
The Texas Animal Manure Management Issues (TAMMI) Conference is scheduled for Sep. 29-30, 2009, at the Austin Marriott North in Round Rock. Registration for the two-day event is $75 until Aug. 1 and $125 there after.
The TAMMI Conference will provide education on proper animal manure management for both a thriving animal industry and environmental protection efforts in Texas, in the context of an evolving regulatory environment. The two-day program will include keynote speeches, information on federal and state regulations and policies affecting livestock and poultry manure management, and regulatory and engineering ethics training.
The latest research on the following specific topics related to manure and mortality management issues will also be provided:
- Manure Nutrient Balances and Flows
- Manure Management and Water Quality
- Manure Management and Air Quality
- Disposal of Catastrophic Animal Mortality - Lessons from Hurricane Ike
- Advanced Manure Conversion: Bioenergy and Value-Added Products
- AFO Siting Considerations and Performance of Manure-Management Systems
For more information, visit the TAMMI Web site.