Graduate students receive Mills Scholarships
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) recently funded Mills Scholarships to 16 Texas A&M University graduate students for the 2010-11 academic year. The students will use the $1,500 scholarships to pursue water-related research.
The W.G. Mills Endowment, an endowed fund that supports research in water conservation and management, provided the scholarships. TWRI uses the Mills Scholars program to assist current and prospective Texas A&M graduate students studying water resources issues in Texas.
Scholarships recipients are:
- Ann Conrad and Mark Musumba, Department of Agricultural Economics
- Jasjeet Kaur, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Ishan Desai and Parvathy T. Kochunarayanan, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
- Dirac Twidwell, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
- John Mieles, Department of Geology and Geophysics
- Brandi Reese, Department of Oceanography
- Jim Florey and Derek H. Husmoen, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
- Calvin Clary and Min-cheng Tu, Water Management and Hydrologic Science program
- Natanya Hayden, Michael Neisch, George Umphres, and Crystal Watkins, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
For more information on the program or to learn more about the students’ projects, visit twri.tamu.edu/funding/mills.