TWRI to host EPANet course in Dallas
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) will host the Modeling of Water Distribution Systems using EPANet course March 15-16 at the Texas AgriLife Research and Extension Urban Solutions Center in Dallas.
The course will focus on fundamental concepts of pressure conduit system modeling and implementation of modeling applications using EPANet and the EPANet Toolkit. Participants will work through several hands-on exercises using the EPANet software and learn basic techniques for using the EPANet Toolkit from the Visual Basic for Applications module of Microsoft Excel.
Participants will learn the following skills:
- Creating new water distribution system models in EPANet,
- Simulating new and existing models for a variety of applications,
- Processing EPANet output in a variety of forms to generate useful tables, graphs, and maps,
- Linking GIS data with EPANet using public-domain utility programs, and
- Creating advanced simulations and output processing using the EPANet Toolkit and Visual Basic for Applications.
For more information and to register visit watereducation.tamu.edu.