Buying, Selling and Exporting Groundwater: Implications for Groundwater Conservation Districts
Ronald Kaiser, Bruce Lesikar, Valeen Silvy
This technical report contains summaries of presentations that were given at the Groundwater Conservation District Seminar Series on May 28, 2003, at the Texas A&M University George Bush Presidential Conference Center.
Summaries of the following presentations are presented in this report:
- The Status of Groundwater Sales in Texas, by Ronald Kaiser.
- Groundwater Transactions: Buyers Perspective, by Russell Johnson.
- Purchasing Groundwater for Export: The Kinney County Proposal, by Lynn Sherman.
- Model Lease of Groundwater Rights, by Ned Meister.
- Protecting Your Land and Water in a Sales/ Lease Agreement, by Sandra Burns.
- Regulation of Exportation of Underground Water, by Doug Caroom.
- Roberts County Transportation Permits, by C.E. Williams.
- Export Fees: A Groundwater District Limits and Uses, by Jace Houston.
The report also includes supplemental information about negotiating groundwater leases in Texas.