Mills Scholars Program
The TWRI Mills Scholars Program is open to students at Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Galveston and Texas A&M at Qatar. This program is funded through the W.G. Mills Memorial Endowment.
Key requirements of the Mills scholarship are:
- Scholarships are $5,000 max for one-year.
- Scholarships are strictly for tuition and fees.
- Graduate students who previously received a TWRI Mills Scholarship are not eligible.
- Students selected for these scholarships will be eligible to waive out-of-state tuition.
- Matching funds are not required, but a 2:1 matching commitment is encouraged. Letters of commitment are not required during the pre-proposal stage.
- Submission includes the three-page maximum application form with items 1-9 completed.
- Students selected for this opportunity will be contacted for additional information and materials, as needed.
In 1967, Mills Cox of Gay Hill, Texas, who was chairman of the Texas Water Development Board, established this permanently endowed fund at Texas A&M University. Cox designated this fund as The W.G. Mills Memorial Endowment Fund in memory of his great-grandfather. Mills was from Millican and helped prepare the site for Gathright Hall, the original student dormitory and dining hall on the Texas A&M campus, constructed in 1875-1876.
Since 2001, we have awarded more than $313,770 in Mills scholarships to 180 students involved in water-related studies.
Contact Danielle Kalisek with any questions about this program.