Watershed monitoring provides communities and organizations with data needed to identify and better understand potential causes and sources of local water quality impairments. The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) has the expertise and experience required to conduct effective watershed monitoring.
By collecting water quality data, conducting watershed surveys, and analyzing information, TWRI provides the science needed to begin restoration work in local water bodies.
Our team is available to:
- Collect water quality data, including: temperature, transparency, total depth, dissolved oxygen, pH, turbidity and conductivity
- Sample water for E. coli, nutrients and more
- Measure stream flow in streams of all sizes
- Analyze water quality data; summarize and present findings
- Incorporate data into geographic information system (GIS) models of the watershed