3rd annual Rio Grande Valley Brush & Forage Management Workshop
The third annual Rio Grande Valley Brush and Forage Management Workshop is set for 8:30 a.m. Oct. 15 at the San Luis Ranch, on Farm-to-Market Road 1017, 5.5 miles off of U.S. Highway 281, outside of San Manuel-Linn.
This free half-day field day is co-hosted by the Texas Water Resources Institute, Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board (TSSWCB), U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA NRCS) and Farm Service Agency (USDA FSA), Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension Program.
A free sponsored lunch will be provided.
Speakers and topics:
- Jose “Pepe” Martinez, USDA NRCS: prescribed grazing and stocking rates,
- Megan Clayton, AgriLife Extension specialist: using chemicals to control brush and weeds,
- Vivian Garcia, USDA NRCS: forage inventory,
- Benny Martinez, Corteva represenative: Corteva Agriscience update and
- program updates by USDA’s NRCS and FSA and TSSWCB.
One Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education credit will be available for attendees.
For more information, contact Victor Gutierrez at email@example.com or 956-969-5611.