We recently published the Winter 2020 issue of our magazine, txH2O, highlighting the connection between water and health, including pathogens, poverty, PFAS and other water-health issues and developing potential solutions.
- TCEQ - Hillebrandt Bayou Project Page
- TCEQ - Neches River Tidal Project Page
- TCEQ - Sandy and Wolf Creeks Project Page
- LNVA (Lower Neches Valley Authority)
- ANRA (Angelina & Neches River Authority)
- Hillebrandt Bayou Technical Support Document (PDF document, updated June 2020)
- Sandy Creek and Wolf Creek Technical Support Document (PDF document, updated June 2020)
- Neches River Tidal Technical Support Document (PDF document)
- Neches Tidal and Hillebrandt Bayou TMDL Newsletter (PDF document, Summer 2020)
- Sandy Creek and Wolf Creek TMDL Newsletter (PDF document, Summer 2020)
TR-518 Watershed Characterization of the Tributaries of the Neches River below Lake Palestine: Cedar, Hurricane, Biloxi and Jack Creeks
Anna Gitter, Luna Yang, Lucas Gregory
Protecting Our Water
Institute works with partners to improve water quality in East Texas
The Texas Water Resources Institute, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the Angelina and Neches River Authority will host a meeting Nov. 22 in Lufkin for anyone interested in water quality impairments in Jack, Cedar, Hurricane and Biloxi creeks, tributaries of the Neches River below Lake Palestine.
The Texas Water Resources Institute in collaboration with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality will host two meetings Nov. 21 in Woodville and Jasper for anyone interested in joining a partnership to improve and protect water quality in the Sandy and Wolf creeks.
Texas Water Resources Institute staff report positive results in one East Texas watershed and substantial progress in another while working with stakeholders and a team of university researchers and agency staff to improve water quality in the region’s many watersheds.
A Texas Watershed Steward workshop on water quality related to the Neches River will be held from 1-5 p.m. May 21 in Jasper. The workshop will be held at the Jasper County Courthouse Annex, 271 E. Lamar St. It will be presented by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board in cooperation with the Texas Water Resources Institute.
A Texas Watershed Steward workshop on water quality related to the La Nana Bayou, Angelina and Middle Neches Rivers will be held from 8 a.m.-noon May 22 in Lufkin.