April 22, 2020 is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. To commemorate this occasion, we have made a list of 10 ways to celebrate.
Click the links listed below to achieve these Earth Day goals:
- Take the 40 Gallon Challenge, pledge to conserve water and take action to change your water habits.
- Attend the Texas Water Journal webinar, Texas flooding challenges, on April 30.
- Use this water conservation checklist for the home, provided by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
- Brush up on the wildlife conservation work at the heart of the Endangered Species Act, which protects our nation’s wildlife, fish and plants on the brink of extinction.
- Subscribe to TWRI’s publications and follow us on social media (@TxWRI) to stay up-to-date on Texas water research and news. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Visit Texas Land Trends and learn about the changes occurring on private lands across Texas.
- Learn about the impact of your daily water footprint.
- Read all about the history of Earth Day.
- Dive into new private land stewardship lessons for insight on being efficient and proactive natural resource stewards.
- Learn about the WaterSense labeled home at the Texas A&M AgriLife Center in Dallas.