Fieldwork is fun but taking water training online means TWRI’s educational reach has expanded. Online formats also offer the opportunity for greater accessibility.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA Region 5 Wetlands Supplement: Incorporating Wetlands into Watershed Planning
- Nonpoint Source Homepage
- Surf Your Watershed
- NPS Outreach Toolbox
- Watershed Planning Handbook
- EPA Watershed Central Wiki
- Watershed Funding
- Watershed Academy
- Water Quality Assessment and Total Maximum Daily Loads Information (ATTAINS)
- State-Specific Water Quality Standards
- Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental Results System (WATERS)
- WATERS GeoViewer
- Smart Growth
- Watershed Assessment of River Stability & Sediment Supply (WARSSS)
- After the Storm
- NPS-INFO Resource Center
- Healthy Watersheds Protection
- Resources for Students/Educators about NPS Pollution
- Low Impact Development
- Tribal NPS Program
- Resources for Controlling NPS Impacts (Agriculture, Forestry, Hydromodification, Marinas, Abandoned Mine Drainage, Roads, Urban and Wetland)
- Coastal NPS Program (CZARA)
- Technical Guidance for Controlling NPS Pollution
- CWA Section 319 Grants Reporting and Tracking (GRTS)
- Contacting Information for State NPS Management Programs
- 2017 TWDB Interactive State Water Plan
- Center for Watershed Protection
- The Stormwater Editor
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service
Dr. Lucas Gregory currently serves as a senior research scientist and quality assurance officer for TWRI.
TR-503 Texas Watershed Planning Training Project Final Report 2017
K. Wagner, N. Dictson, C. Entwistle
TWRI offers watershed monitoring, planning to stakeholders
The Texas Water Resources Institute has published the newsletter, Natural Resources Training Courses Update, with a list of scheduled trainings for 2020.
Almost every watershed coordinator in the state has now attended and benefited from the Texas Watershed Planning Program of the Texas Water Resources Institute.
The Texas Water Resources Institute is offering two Watershed Planning Program trainings for watershed coordinators and other water professionals involved in watershed-based planning in Texas.
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host a Texas watershed coordinator roundtable Jan. 31 in Waco for water and natural resource professionals.
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host an Implementing Watershed Plans Training Dec. 17 in College Station for watershed coordinators and water and natural resource professionals.
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host an Agricultural Best Management Practices for Watershed Planning Training Oct 10. in Reisel for watershed coordinators and water professionals.
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) is holding two trainings in College Station in July for water resources professionals as part of its Texas Watershed Planning Program.
The Texas Watershed Planning Program of the Texas Water Resources Institute(TWRI) will hold a social media workshop for natural resources professionals April 13-14 at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, 12100 Park 35 Circle in Austin.
The Texas Water Resources Institute (TWRI) Texas Watershed Planning Program is hosting a two-course series on watershed stakeholder engagement for water and natural resources professionals June 13-14 in Dallas.