July is Smart Irrigation Month, and the Texas Water Resources Institute and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service have many resources to help Texans save water supplies and money by irrigating their landscapes more efficiently.
Check out these links for irrigation tips and information:
- Landscape water conservation publications, Earth-Kind Landscaping program, Texas A&M AgriLife Horticulture
- Water Resources for Homeowners, AgriLife Extension Water Education Network
- WaterMyYard program, AgriLife Extension
- Aggie Catch Can information, kit and video for irrigation system audits, AgriLife Extension School of Irrigation
- Cycle-soak Method of Watering Lawns, AgriLife Extension
- School of Irrigation, AgriLife Extension
- Advancing conservation, txH2O magazine
- Turf in Texas: Still sustainable, txH2O magazine
- The art of smart irrigation, txH2O magazine
Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign lead by the Irrigation Association to promote efficient water use. The Irrigation Association provides these simple tips to “save water and see better results” in your landscapes:
- Plant right.
- Water wisely.
- Invest in an irrigation system.
- Maintain and upgrade your system.
- Work with an irrigation professional.
Learn more at www.smartirrigationmonth.org.