The scholarship winners are:
- John Brien, Department of Geology and Geophysics. Advisor: Dr. Peter Knappett. Research: Annual Impact of Short-Term Hydraulic Fracturing in the Eagle Ford Shale Play, Texas.
- Charles Schaub, Department of Ecology and Conservation Biology/Water Management and Hydrological Science. Advisor: Dr. Georgianne Moore. Research: Investigating total water storage, timing and capacity for mitigating flood and drought hazards in the Texas Coastal Plain.
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Rambo, Department of Water Management and Hydrologic Sciences. Advisor: Dr. Fouad Jaber. Research: Bank Strength and Bank Vegetation Cover in Texas Streams.
- Ennis A. Rios, Department of Geography, Water Management and Hydrological Science. Advisor: Dr. George H. Allen. Research: Water Temperature Estimation Using Landsat Satellite Imagery in Google Earth Engine.
- Anna Marie Van de Graft, Department of Geography. Advisor: Dr. Wendy Jepson. Research: Defining Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) Insecurity: Urban Barriers, The Homeless Experience & Policy Perception in the Global North.
TWRI administers the Mills Scholars Program, an annual competitive scholarship program supporting graduate research in water at Texas A&M University, Texas A&M University-Galveston and Texas A&M University-Qatar. This program is funded through the W.G. Mills Memorial Endowment. Since 2001, TWRI has funded scholarships for 196 students involved in water-related studies.
The Mills Scholars Program will begin accepting applications for the 2022 academic year in fall 2021. For more information, see the Mills website.