The Texas Water Resources Institute recently published the winter 2022 issue of txH2O magazine, focusing on the future of water. The new issue examines the outlook of water infrastructure, workforce needs, alternative water sources and more on a changing planet:
- Colonias: The Canary in the Water Insecurity Coal Mine: Experts are coming together to find water security solutions in Texas
- The Future of Water Infrastructure in the U.S. and Texas: Aging water infrastructure could lead to increasingly decentralized systems
- Working for Tomorrow’s Water: Students and professionals in the water field discuss experiences and future outlook
- Deciphering Big Data in Water: Making the flood of information work for water management in a changing future
- Bigger Is Not Always Better: Decentralizing Texas’ Wastewater Infrastructure: The future of wastewater treatment: wastewater treatment plants versus on-site septic systems
- Storms, Saltwater, Sewage and Air: Finding Freshwater in a Changing World: Researchers are looking to unexpected sources to supplement freshwater supplies
txH2O magazine features stories on current water resources research and outreach programs in Texas and priority water issues facing the state.
Want a copy in your inbox? Visit our publications page to subscribe.