- Master Irrigator program: From demonstration to adoption
Agricultural water conservation is extremely important, especially in the Ogallala Aquifer region. Targeting the agricultural water users in the North Texas area, a program began in 2016 that focuses on conserving irrigation: the Master Irrigator program.
- FY2019 USGS 104G Water Resources National Competitive Grant announced
The Texas Water Resources Institute announces the release of the draft Request for Pre-proposals for the FY 2019 National Competitive Grant Program by the U.S. Geological Survey in cooperation with the National Institutes for Water Resources.
- #ICYMI: TWRI’s Sanchez interviewed by Yale University’s Climate Connections
Dr. Rosario Sanchez of the Texas Water Resources Institute was recently interviewed by Yale University’s Climate Connections about the possibility that groundwater could become a source of conflict between U.S. and Mexico.
- Institute to host training on implementing watershed plans Dec. 17
The Texas Water Resources Institute will host an Implementing Watershed Plans Training Dec. 17 in College Station for watershed coordinators and water and natural resource professionals.
- TWJ publishes paper on water workforce readiness
The Texas Water Journal recently published a paper titled “Water security for Texas: a post-secondary education pathway for water workforce readiness” by Rudolph A. Rosen, Luis A. Cifuentes, James Fischer, Howard Marquise and John C. Tracy.
- TWRI water team publishes reports, newsletters, fact sheets
Throughout the year, TWRI’s water team publishes technical reports as projects are wrapped up or have new publications related to activity on the project.
- Homeowner Septic System Workshops Dec. 6-7 in Palacios, Bay City
The Texas Water Resources Institute and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service are offering two free educational events on the maintenance of septic systems in December for Matagorda County homeowners.